The Fair Trade Authority Curaçao’s bureau comprises of seven employees and a director. The employees are five specialist investigators (lawyers and economists), a business operations manager and a management assistant. The duties of the bureau’s investigators include:
- assessing applications for exemption from the prohibition on cartels;
- checking concentration notifications;
- investigating possible infringements of the National Ordinance on Competition;
- providing information about new competition rules to stakeholders; and
- preparing decisions of the board of the FTAC.
Click here for the FTAC Mandate (in Dutch) in which the responsibilities and powers of the bureau’s staff have been laid down in detail.